Requirements for Licensure
To be eligible for a real estate sales associate license, the state of Florida requires you to…
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Receive approval of your state application
- Complete and pass a state approved 63-hour course
- Pass a state examination
- You do not need to be a Florida resident
The state of Florida requires you to pass the end of course 100 question final examination with a grade of 70% or higher.
The examination must be completed within a three (3) hour period.
State Application and Testing Process
To become licensed as a real estate sales associate, you must do the following:
- Complete the 63-hour Licensing Course
- Upon passing the final examination completion slips are issued.
- The certificate will be prepared and sent to you within three (3) business days. It is sent by United States Postal Service and should be retained in your records in case of audit.
- Before you can take your state exam, the state must approve your application for licensure. You must bring your completion slip with you to be permitted to test.
Fill Out State Application
Submit your application:
- Online – Department of Business and Professional Regulation website
- The application fee paid to the state is $89.00
- It will take 4-6 weeks on average for the state to process and approve your application
- Check the status of your application by clicking here.
- You must submit your fingerprints electronically before your application can be approved
Appointments are scheduled with the state testing vendor, Pearson VUE. This can be done by calling (877) 238-8232
Schedule Your State Exam
Contact Pearson VUE, the state testing vendor. They have locations throughout the state. Make an appointment by calling (888) 204-6289
- The exam fee paid to Pearson VUE is $31.50
- If you fail the exam, you may retake it as many times as necessary, at a cost of $31.50 each time, as soon as you can make a new appointment.